Don’t buy nitrogen, on-site nitrogen generators are a cost-effective solution!
Nitrogen gas is a dry, inert gas produced using air separation by mechanical means, by taking atmospheric air (i.e. the air that you are breathing – 78% nitrogen & 20.9% oxygen the other 1% is made up of various gases e.g. argon), pressurizing it in an air compressor and then separating it with either a membrane or PSA (pressure swing adsorption) generator.
Liquid or bottled Nitrogen delivery and storage can be very expensive. Nitrogen Generators produce a continuous supply of high purity nitrogen on site using your existing compressed air equipment thus offering a cost effective and reliable alternative to bulk deliveries.
Nitrogen Generators have a wide variety of applications, including serving as an inert replacement for air where oxidation is undesirable:
- Tyre Inflation Preventing loss of pressure, overheating tyres, damage to the tyres and wheel rims
- Food (MAP) To preserve the freshness of packaged or bulk foods (by delaying rancidity and other forms of oxidative damage) – crisps, nuts, snack foods and packaged salads.
- Laser Metal Cutting (burring reduction)
- Bottling To preserve the freshness of wine (by delaying rancidity and other forms of oxidative damage)
- On top of liquid explosives as a safety measure – paints and solvents
- The production of electronic parts such as transistors, diodes and integrated circuits (prevents oxygen and moisture)
- Dried and pressurized, as a dielectric gas for high voltage equipment
- Use in military aircraft fuel systems to reduce fire hazard.